Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Ms. Patty: Please join me in singing Happy Birthday to our darling feline.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Chuckles...

Stella: Ms. Patty - my name is Stella, remember? You named me.
Ms. Patty: Oh, sorry.

Let's continue.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Boo Boo Stella...

Stella: Ms. Patty - really? Are you becoming frail of mind? My name is Stella, remember?
Ms. Patty: Oh, sorry, I kind of forgot.


One more time, all together now.

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Horse...


Stella: Ms. Patty, I'm getting a bit disturbed because I don't understand why all the confusion on my name. My name is Stella!

Ms. Patty: I can't help it, you have so many names that have been lovingly (and sometimes not so lovingly) attributed to you that it makes it hard to choose sometimes.

Stella: Why have you given me these names??

Ms. Patty: Well, Chuckles came about because, um, I don't actually remember but it is a true term of affection, I promise you. As for Boo Boo Stella I think we we were playing hide-and-go-seek when I came up with that one.

Stella: Hmmm. I can live with those two names, I suppose. But Horse?? Really??? What is that all about?

Ms. Patty: See, you have this tendency to fly down the basement stairs at warp speed and you actually take the steps 4 at a time...

Stella: I'm just getting my exercise and practicing running from Mr. K!!

Ms. Patty: Let me finish. When you take those 4 steps at a time, it sounds as though you're a horse. If you were a little lighter on your feet, perhaps we could change the name to Gazelle. Would you like that better?

Stella: Oh, please! That's beautiful!

Ms. Patty: Then let's get to it... hey, where are you going??

Stella: I'm downstairs, was I quieter this time?

Ms. Patty: Not in the least, I'm afraid.

Stella: <sigh>


Okay, now we'll sing Happy Birthday (a belated one) to Ms. Stella properly.

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Stella!!
Happy Birthday to you!

Meow...

No comments:

Post a Comment