Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pssst....I Have a Secret

I have to confess - I have a secret. Some would say that technically I have five secrets but the way I look at you say TOmato, I say toMAto. The point is I really would like to tell you about some lovely little kittens I am personally acquainted with before the National Catquirer spills the details.

Last year I was just a young feline out playing in the sunshine of a lovely Minnesota summer day. I was so innocent, truly I was. I would sprawl on the lawn looking through the blades of grass trying to find some mice to chase. Or I'd hide beneath the deck and peer out to see the bird feeder and attempt to catch the little birdies when they flitted to the ground to get seeds that spilled. I wasn't too good that.

One day I came running around a corner and nearly slammed into another cat. Specifically, a big tom named Rocky. I'd heard about him and his exploits around the neighborhood but I was sure it was just a reputation, nothing more. He was so handsome I nearly started to drool. But instead we both froze in place our tails getting bigger by the nano-second, our backs arching up like dinosaurs. He meowed low at me a few times and then then he walked a little closer to me...yowza!

Was I captivated by his charm and his good looks? Probably, because all I could think about was his reputation and boy, just that moment of inattentiveness and my guard was down. Whoops.

So 60 some days later I'm at Oak Knoll Animal Hospital having been brought there by the police. That's a story for another day. Suffice it to say they discovered I was pregnant. Oh dear, that darn Rocky, and here I thought I was getting fat from all the mice I caught. Silly me.

They checked my belly with some big machine thing and figured I would have 3, maybe 4 kittens but I surprised them all and had five! I was at the hospital for a bit before I had them and then I went home with one of the employees (such a sweetheart, she spoiled me so much!), who cared for me until I gave birth on September 8, 2010, and then through the weaning process. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be because I really loved my babies.

Pictures? Ms. Patty took some, I don't know all of their names and the ones I do know I'm not sure if I'm spelling them right but they're so darn cute, who cares? You can see the pictures larger if you just click on them.

The Twins - They love to wrestle together and then they snooze all spoon-like.

Wrestling Was Hard Work, Spooning Is Easier

Blackie - He was totally black when he was born and then little white hairs started to sprout out all over! I adore his eyes, don't you?

Blackie

Lily - My beautiful, darling only daughter. She's so pretty she takes my breath away. Sigh...

The Twins, Blackie and Lilly resting on Mama Stella

Harley - He is a rambunctious one and has so much personality. When Ms. Patty visited us at the hospital he walked right up her arm and looked her directly in the eye. Then he tilted his head one way, she tilted hers the same, then he tilted it the other way and she did too. Silly Ms. Patty, doesn't she know he was teasing her?

Harley - doing the head tilt.

Here they are with me right after the birthday party. They look like little rats, don't they? But they were so good and I had fun with them. But now I have fun all on my own with Ms. Patty. I do wish I knew how they were doing so if any of my kids get a chance to read my blog, please do let me know how you're all doing.

365:48

Love you, my darlings!

P.S. to the National Catquirer  - say all you want but I'm not ashamed and you'd be better off chasing down that naughty girl, Co-Co. Now SHE has some dirt you'd want!!

4 comments:

  1. How your mistress didn't end up with all of you I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kitten was pretty cute when he was a kitten, but I have to say, even I would put Harley and Blackie ahead of me. Way ahead of me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma - It was hard, believe me. She only chose not to because she didn’t think she’d have the patience to train one of my little ones. I think she could have done it but I’m secretly glad I’m her only one. Meow...

    Kitten – I bet you were a darling, I’ve heard all about you from my mistress. :-) Harley was quite a handful but a sweetie, but Blackie – oh my – those eyes made me want to give him whatever he wanted. Just like yours, I’m sure. Purr...

    Thank you both ever so much for stopping by!

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  4. such cuuuute kittens. Totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete